Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Not sure what happened...

So, here I am over a year out from gastric bypass surgery and I just realized I haven't blogged in as long.  I think I got so wrapped up in all of it that I forgot this blog.  I'm back!  I have so much to tell all of you but I'm not sure where to start. 

It's been a long long year.  I've lost 183 pounds.  Yep, you read that right.  I'm at 135 as of now and I'm probably the healthiest I've been in my adult life. 
This is me now!  Look at that confident smile and thinned face.  I'm beyond proud of myself.  I eat only select foods that I know are low carb and healthy.  I don't drink any soda or carbonated beverages.  I don't smoke.  I don't eat pizza unless it is Atkins cheese personal stone baked pizza (which I must say is quite delicious).  And I have learned some amazing new recipes!

I have had an ulcer and a stricture and both are better.  I have saggy breasts, a saggy stomach and loose skin, but I feel incredible and if I have clothes on, you'd never know. 

I have an amazing husband who loves me more than life itself and has been there to support all of my meltdowns and help me with the vomiting and other things that have kicked my ass. 

I have been told that I took "the easy way out" and I do take offense to that.  I suffered a lot and I did what I needed to do.  Easy?  No sweets, no soda, no Casey's pizza, an ulcer, constipation that would drop a grown man to his knees with the pain, vomiting, the skin, the hair loss....I could go on, but I think you get the picture. 

I will say that I do NOT regret my decision for even a second.  I am blessed beyond words and I don't take a second of it for granted.

I have signed up for two 5K's in June of this year and am so very excited to challenge my new body.  Should be interesting.  I don't expect to finish first, but I WILL finish.

Love to you all!!

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment