Sunday, December 22, 2013

Amost a week out...

Yesterday turned into an absolute nightmare.  I had decided upon waking that I would be pain medicine free for the day.  I ended up not drinking my protein shake for breakfast because of the gas pains.  I got emotional.  I ended up calling my doctor about what I could do about the pain and he said to try Pepto.  I hated having to call, but I just couldn't get it to go away.

Anyway, I decided to try eating again and mixed some Cappuccino protein powder in my French vanilla pudding (sounds delicious, right?) well, too much powder makes the pudding taste absolutely barfy and I turned to get a drink of water and dropped the bowl of pudding and the glass of water on the floor which created a splatter all over my sofa, the wall, the pillows, and my husbands electronics that are right there.  I did my best to squat down and try to clean it up and burst into tears and just sat there feeling defeated and sobbing like a baby.  This was a loud and violent sob complete with giant giant tears.  Tim comes back downstairs and sees me sitting there with snot running and just devastated over this stupid bowl of pudding and finds that to top it off, I can't get back up off the floor without his help, which he gladly did. 

Seriously?   I think this journey, regardless of how prepared you are, is a hard one.  I went through a year of therapy to prepare and I am still a mess. 

Anyway, I finally gave in and took my pain medication which helped.  Tim and I took a nap and when we woke up we went on an outing to Home Depot and Walmart.  It felt great to be out in the world again and this morning I woke up with a new outlook and feeling pretty darn great.  I cleaned the kitchen and Tim warned that I was going to over do it, but I assured him I would pace myself.  Plus, I took my pain medicine.  :)  Won't try to be superwoman again and as soon as I type this, I'm taking a nap.

Oh, I discovered 98% fat free cheddar broccoli soup.  DELISH!  Strained it and am in heaven!


Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Hugs and Love,

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment