Friday, December 6, 2013

So many updates....

So last night was my pre surgical class.  We learned all about the nutrition side of it, the progression of diet, and the risks and what to expect in the hospital.  If you weren't nervous about having surgery before this class, you sure would be after. 

Now obviously, surgery of any kind has risk and they have to tell you all of the risks, but do they all happen?  No.  That being said, my husband had a glazed over look when we left and I'm pretty sure he would like me to just cancel.  HA!

Today began my 10 days of liquid diet.  Up first, cream of wheat with powdered peanut butter in it.  Ok, so you would think that would be fairly tasty.  Let me tell you, two teaspoons in, I tried to feed it to the dogs and they wouldn't even eat it.  Liquid diet 1 - Cody 0.  Ok, so it's now like 4 pm and I've effectively had nothing to eat other than the concoction I just mentioned.  I'm hungry and crabby.  I head to Hy-Vee and load my cart.  Atkins protein shakes, only 2 gm of carbs chocolate and strawberry banana.  I'm feeling more confident already!

Yogurt, Yoplait light strawberry.  The giant containers.  Two of them.  Woo hoo! 

Almond milk, unsweetened.  I can do this!

Sugar free jello and sugar free pudding five different flavors.  This is getting fun. 

Soup.  OMG, soup.  I got healthy request cream of chicken, tomato, and cream of broccoli.  Can't wait to get home and eat.

I carefully measure out my cream of chicken soup and add water to thin it.  Heated it up and savored each rich and delicious sip.  I honestly think I've died and gone to heaven.  I never thought soup could taste so damn good. 

Full?  No.  Satisfied. Yes.  I've got this!!!  I also bought three flavors of crystal light for my water and bought a case of bottled water because I'm a straw user and that's a no no after surgery.  Solution, bottled water.  :) 

So, this is only day one of the new diet and I know there will be moments when I think "Screw it", and I have to be aware of that so that I don't let those moments ruin me. 

It is a new future and a new beginning.  I will be healthy and I will be strong.  I am excited for the future and the new me and that's not something I've felt before. 
Nothing and nobody can ruin it.

Have a great weekend!!

Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment