Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter Wonderland

Well, it is December in Nebraska, so that means snow.  This leads me to think about the future.  Surgery is in 8 short days.  I will need to exercise after surgery.  Walking seems to be a good form of low impact exercise and a good way to get started.  BUT, in the snow?  I'm not so sure about this when I consider that since I've stopped eating solids I am already freezing to death when bundled up INSIDE, so the thought of walking in 9 degree weather isn't really all that appealing. 

I am lucky enough to work in a hospital with a large ER where I can walk laps, so the weather shouldn't be an issue and since I work 5 nights a week, that gives me plenty of time to get the heart pumping.  So, how does one do this if they are not working and maybe can't afford a gym membership or don't have anywhere to walk?  I worry about people that have these problems or that use them as a reason not to walk.  I used to be one of those people.  I could always find a reason not to go to the gym or not to walk the dogs.  No more.  I am now the person who finds the positive in things and finds a way to make it work.

For example, I worked my first night on the liquid diet last night.  It went shockingly well.  I didn't crave a single thing.   I ate my cream of wheat with sugar free maple syrup, two sugar free pudding cups, and then right before I got off work, I drank my protein shake.  I felt full and satisfied all night.  The vending machine?  Well, I watched coworkers go to the evil box of salt and disappointment, and I never felt like I needed to pay it a visit.  Such a good feeling to be conquering the obsession with food. 

As I type this, my husband is sitting beside me eating lasagna.  He has been so sweet and hiding his plate or not wanting to eat foods that he knows I like.  I told him that as long as he doesn't eat pizza, we will be just fine.  HA!  Anyway, I had my cream of chicken soup and I feel full and while his lasagna smells good, I don't want any of it.  Success, she shall be mine. 


I am off to take a nap since I work the overnights, but I will write more soon.  If you're reading this you are either one of my very very dear friends or someone who has stumbled onto this blog.  Either way, I am thankful that you read it.  I am really finding this blog to be a place to vent and to talk stuff out that is part of this journey.  I know a lot of you don't understand, but knowing that you care enough to read this means the world to me.  I appreciate you.

Thank you and have a great day!!!  Remember, you can do whatever you set your mind to! 

Hugs,
Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment